|2012 World BASE Race Event
A race to determine the World’s Fastest Flying Human Being in the sport of BASE jumping
|Romsdalen, Norway, April 7, 2012/Friluftslek/- Envision two athletes standing on wooden platforms at the edge of a mountain cliff. Each dressed in state-of-the-art wingsuits. At the signal, they jump and race head-on towards the finish line, deploying their parachutes and gliding to a safe landing.|
|The World BASE Race is a racing sprint event in which the winners of each heat progress through the tournament. The race is designed with an easy to understand concept, that has proven to be spectator friendly. The number of heats is determined by the number of participants, eliminating pilots until the world’s fastest flyer is crowned the winner. The athletes must possess the physical capabilities enabling them to hike the mountain during each round, along with the mental toughness and self-awareness to know their limits.|
|The World BASE Race celebrates its 5th year of competition in July of 2012. The sport has evolved in both equipment and pilot skill since first appearing on the cliffs of Norway in 1980. Only the best of the best pilots are invited to participate in an event that allows spectators and journalists access too many of the sport’s top athletes.|
We are the Norwegian based extreme adventure company located in Romsdalen, Norway. We offer unique outdoor adventure tours to companies, organizations and individuals, while managing Airboard competitions throughout the year and the annual World BASE Race event in the sport of BASE jumping/Wingsuit flying.
Paul Fortun, Founder and CEO
Phone: +47 99 58 48 75
Click to Listen
Check out BTR (BlogTalk Radio) Show Dates for live radio broadcasts and downloads.
Blog Talk Radio
- Bridge Day 2015
- Quadriplegic’s Adventure Dream
- Donate to the cause: Let’s help Lori do great things!
- Limited Edition BASE tees by Silent Studio
- Limited Edition BASE Tees by Silent Studio
- My latest project is here: Pitties, Pistons, Pin-ups and a Promise
- Happy Mother’s Day to all our Dog Guardian Mom’s!
- You can call me Hankster.
- Take Care, Space.
- Edge Magazine, Issue 2 May of 2014 is out…
- Judge rules Pit Bull Mama deserves better life; PB seeking BFF » DogHeirs | Where Dogs Are Family
- The Power of One: O Henry Part II
Blue Skies Magazine
Moab BASE Adventures
World BASE Race
This website and its content is a copyright of Cynthia Lynn © Cynthia Lynn Chronicles 2009-2014. All rights reserved.
You may not, except with our express written permission, commercially exploit the content.
Cynthia Lynn Chronicles by Cynthia Lynn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype: cynthialynn3.0
- I write about homeless dogs every day, but I really need to find this pit bull a home thedodo.com/king-pit-bull-… 11 hours ago
- What does it mean to, "Live Like Roo"? » DogHeirs | Where Dogs Are Family po.st/XVebgH via @DogHeirs 14 hours ago
- Monday's Rescue: Featuring Bleu wp.me/p1FczX-aU via @foryourk9 1 day ago
Base 66: Jevto Dedijer
Paperback: 146 pages
Publisher: iUniverse.com (2 Nov 2004)
GroundRush by Simon Jakeman
Hardcover: 128 pages
Publisher: Jonathan Cape Ltd (6 Aug 1992)
Confessions of An Idiot: Chris 'douggs' McDougall
Softcover: 255 pages
Publisher: BASEDREAMS 2009
FreeFall: Tom Read
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company (6 Aug 1998)
The Great Book of BASE: Matt Gerdes
Softcover: 269 pages
Publisher: Birdbrain Publishing
High Infatuation: A Climbers Guide to Love and Gravity: Steph Davis
Softcover: 189 pages
Publisher: Mountaineers Books (April 1, 2007)
Learning to Fly: An Uncommon Memoir of Human Flight, Unexpected Love, and One Amazing Dog: Steph Davis
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Touchstone (April 2, 2013)