From the desk of Kolla:
The September 2012 issue, #35, is on its way to the hearts, minds, and mailboxes of all current Blue Skies Mag subscribers. If you are not a current subscriber, why don’t you go ahead and remedy that situation now. blueskiesmag.com/subscribe. Click. Pay. Receive.
If you are a subscriber and do not receive your issue #35 by October 1, please contact Kolla@blueskiesmag.com.
Here is what you will find in the unique and beautiful flower called issue 35:
- DZ Awards 2012
- Voting starts here and now!
- The HTC One Project, Part 2 | by Sydney Owen (not Syndey, or even Amanda. SYDNEY. OWEN. BAM!)
- Sydney’s interview with Norman Kent continues. Many lovely pictures of Roberta Mancino.
- Harnessing Fear: A Skydiver’s Guide to Effective Self-Talk | By Beth Athanas
- How to use the fear monster to help you. Extra references here: blueskiesmag.com/2012/09/14/harnessing-fear/!
- Gravity | by Annette O’Neil
- A lovely BASE story.
- Summerfest Photo Essay
- Featuring photos by Brian Buckland, Norman Kent, Chris Goller, Morgan Gansauer, Chad Staerkel, Matt Hoover, Charles Lane, Lavender Gooms, Will Pesek, John Zagoda, and Wilmar Castano. Whew! (Photogs, if you want a link to your site that’s not listed here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get added.)
- What’s the Rush? | by Douggs
- The coolest fucking BASE jumper in the world wants you to slow down. And get off his damn lawn. Seriously, there’s no good reason to rush your BASE career just so you have something to post on YouTube.
- Turning Points: God Save the Queen | by Kurt Gaebel
- How in the world did the UK field 72 teams for 4-way FS competition at their National this year?
- Pants Off Dance Off | by the Fuckin’ Pilot
- A couple cold cuts in a washing machine. Yup.
- I Want to Learn to BASE Jump | by Melanie Curtis
- Speaking of taking it slow and easy…
- Jump a Random Skydiver: Chris Bonafide
- Meet the leader of Team Dirty Sanchez.
And that’s all, folks! Let us know what you think of this issue, the things in it, the paper, your mailman, your relationship with your mailbox. Anything. Please. There are bajillions of ways to contact us, choose your favorite and talk to us!
I am thrilled to see more and more BASE related articles by various writers. The sport needs positive voices speaking out in articles to quiet the negative press. I am personally thrilled excited to see an article by the lovely and very talented Annette O’Neill.
On a personal note, I am home recovering from the past weeks surgery. The doctor believes she has gotten it all and I am on a path of 4 to 6 weeks of healing recovery and in office treatments. May I express my gratitude to all those who have shared well wishes. Thank You.
Now that I have all this free time which requires me to relax, I hope to get my photos sorted and posted from my 1st BASE trip over this past summer to Norway.